Apr 13, 2020
Kay Van Wey is a board-certified
personal injury trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience. She
is the principal owner and founder of Van Wey, Presby &
Williams, a Dallas, Texas-based personal injury litigation boutique
firm. When Kay isn’t managing her firm or practicing law, she
advocates for patient safety. Kay is a big believer in finding your
"why", which is one of the things she credits for her ongoing
enthusiasm for her work.
Getting more news coverage- how do you
take 1 high-profile case and get more than 15 minutes of fame?
Publicity - high profile cases and were stories that needed to
be told and developed relationships with reporters.
How are you keeping up those relationships? Capitalizing on
- Dr. Death/Dr. Duntsch
- high profile case and got lots of PR
- spent lots of time & money on that case
- Dr. Duntsch reached out to Kay to threaten and ask for a
- Dr. Oz show - thought she'd get tons of clients from that and
- Dallas news organizations
- Attorney At Law magazine articles
- Marketing has been hard over the years and has involved a lot
of patience and learning.
- When it comes to picking a marketing agency, Kay has been
really picky about content, which makes the cost high from her time
and her associates time perspective.
- 10 years prior to Dr. Dutch, Kay's firm represented a similar
case and was on 60 minutes. Unfortuantely with no effect or results
of getting clients. It just shows that big PR cases don't
necessarily lead to more clients in your firm.