Feb 17, 2020
Josh Gerben is a trademark attorney and founder of Gerben Law
Firm, PLLC. The law firm was created by Mr. Gerben to help small
and large businesses alike have access to trademark lawyers who are
affordable and responsive to their needs.
Mr. Gerben represents a wide range of clients, ranging from
small start-up businesses to large multinational corporations.
Since beginning his practice, Mr. Gerben has represented clients in
over 4,000 trademark matters.
Marketing your law firm vs. the business of
What to ask a marketing agency:
- What budget is necessary and is needed to move the
needle and get results. Without understanding what the time and
budget investment are, honestly, you may not spend enough or get
- What kind of work will the agency do? Content,
on-site work, types and amount of link-building (and links are
- Monitor your agency and make sure you get reports
on the things that are important to your law firm’s growth.
- Great for building a network and increasing
visibility in your field.
- Haven’t gotten clients as of yet but Josh is
working on getting there!
- Josh and Gerben Law have tried to incorporate
direct mailer boxes to increase their network but those haven’t
panned out thus far.
Positioning yourself against commoditized legal
Try not to sell the unsellable.
- Competing with LegalZoom, quality and pricing, managing
pressure on fees
Using this aspect to get referrals, speaking engagements, create
a public image and PR
Josh has been featured on Fox News, NPR, New York Times, Wall
Street Journal - how are those things happening?
- Leads that go unresponded to and why- practical daily
- Understanding who your clients are and how to attract them
- Selling to someone who isn't going to buy- how to manage this
when feeling 'desperate'